I get mad when someone says that a spider is poisonous, which they are not, they are venomous. I would like to show you the difference between poison (or poisonous) and venom (or venomous).
First off, let’s talk about poison. So, what exactly defines poison? Well, poison is something that you have to touch in order to get sick. Like, if you touch a poison dart frog, you are already infected. The poison goes through your skin and gets into your blood then travels around the body. There are different levels of poison, there are poisons that are harmless to humans and poison that will kill you. But either way, you might want to stay away from anything that’s poisonous, definitely if your allergic.
Ok, now we’re into the animals like snakes, spiders, and scorpions. Venom has to be injected into you for you to be in potential danger. Now, just like poison, there are different levels of venom. There’s venom from a honey bee sting (yes, if you didn’t know before, every bee, as far as I know, has venom), which isn’t that dangerous unless you are allergic. Then there’s venom like that of Inland Taipan, which is the most venomous snake in the world. One bite worth of venom is enough to kill 100 grown men (luckily, an antivenom was created in 1955). So, yeah stay away from South Australia if you don’t want to meet this snake.
Well, I hope you all learned something in this blog post and enjoyed it, and I also hope you learned the difference between poison (poisonous) and venom (venomous).
By Big Homie.
Soon TeachThemRight.Me will be launching a new section about bugs. Written exclusively by 13-year old Big Homie, as he shares with you his passion for insects.
Since we moved to the desert a couple of years ago, Big Homie has become fascinated by the very creatures that make our skin crawl. I hope you enjoy his writing style and flavor, and by all means, feel free to challenge him and ask questions as it only makes him better!
I bet most people in their lifetime has gotten stung by something. Whether it’s a bee or maybe an ant (yes, ants can sting), most people have been stung at least once. Fortunately for me, I have not yet. Now believe it or not, there is a sting out there 30 times more painful than a bee sting. This blog post is about the most painful bug stings in the world.
3: Paper Wasp
The paper wasp gets its name from the nests they build that looks like it’s made out of paper. Paper wasps are not aggressive and will only attack if their nest is threatened. Like any wasp or bee, they eat nectar, but they also eat caterpillars, flies, and beetle larvae
2: Tarantula Hawk
I can say I have seen one before and as they are plentiful where we live during the late spring and early summer. Even though they have a stinger about 7 mm long, you get distracted by how pretty this insect is with it’s nice orange wings and black head and body. With that look, how can you notice its stinger? Well, I suggest not to get too close to them unless you want to get stung, but some people do “play” with them. They are not that aggressive, but I’ll still keep my distance, just to be safe.
1: Bullet Ant
Please for your own safety, stay away from this bug, unless you want to know what it’s like to be shot. Their sting not only feels like you’ve been shot, but the pain lasts for 24 hours. It still gets worse, when they sting you the venom from the sting attacks your central nervous system, the spot where you got stung will become temporally paralyzed.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and if you live somewhere near these bugs I wish you good luck!