Becoming an engineer, doctor, or lawyer can sound like a boring, and in the case of a doctor, disgusting job. Throughout my childhood, I have changed my mind a lot on the famous question asked to kids…what do you want to be when you grow up? The first thing I remember I wanted to be was a fireman. Because when I was little my mom took me and my siblings to the fire station on a field trip. After that, I wanted to be a doctor, but I grew out of that quickly because I can’t handle seeing people throw up.
The last thing I wanted to be for a couple of years was a veterinarian because I love animals. But after thinking about it for a while I realized that becoming a veterinarian can be just as disgusting as a doctor. Now that I’m 16, in college, and people are starting to ask me what career I want to go into in just a few years. So I ‘m on a quest to find I job that will fit my personality or talent (which is another thing I need to figure out), so I looked up the top five dream jobs that pay a good amount of money.
5. Hollywood Stunt Person
- This job has fun written all over it if you like to get hurt. A Hollywood stuntman takes all of the explosions, punches, and risks while pretending to be a famous actor/actress. Stuntman work is not steady work because you need to find movie after movie to work in.
- A stuntman gets paid as much as $100k for doing their stunts
- Must attend a stunt training school.
4. Power Line Helicopter Pilot
- If you like heights and technology then this job is perfect for you. They fly next to power lines to inspect them by cameras attached to the helicopter.
- They get paid around $101k
- Must get a helicopter pilot license with 2000 hours of flying.
3. Race Engineer
- Race Engineers talk to the driver and tells him or her what they can do to achieve maximum performance in a race.
- They can get paid around $134k
- They need A-levels in math and Physics with a university degree and proven experience.
2. Ethical Hacker (a.k.a Computer Hacker)
- They are hired by governments and security firms to help design ways to keep hackers out of their systems.
- They can get paid around $140k
- Hold a relevant qualification and meet the additional requirements of The Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) check scheme.
1. Unexploded Ordnance Technician
- Mitigate the threat of an unexploded object
- They get paid around $150k
- Professional Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) qualifications are needed to increase in rank
None of these jobs interest me so I will have to keep looking, but I learned some pretty interesting things when I did research for this blog post. I learned that ice cream tasters can get paid as much as $60k to taste ice cream and that you can get paid $32k to dress up as a Disney character. So there are a lot of fun and crazy jobs that sound really easy and you can get paid pretty well “working”.